arrow drop search cross


Upon arrival in France, if the scientist wishes to reside in France in the same place for more than one month, he/she can take out habitation insurance. This is mandatory and covers risks of damage linked to the lodging of the scientist (for example: fire, theft, water damage...) for a maximum duration of one year. The contract must therefore be renewed each year. If the scientist moves, the contract changes, as the evaluation of the pricing is no longer the same. It is thus crucial to alert the insurance company of any change of address in order to ensure the protection of the new residence.

Habitation insurance generally covers civil liability. This insurance is mandatory and insures damages toward an individual if the scientist, unintentionally causes damage or deteriorates one of his/her belongings. If this insurance is not included in the habitation package, it can be purchased separately at any insurance company.

Don’t hesitate to consult us for a non-exhaustive list of companies.